What’s in a name? Usually nothing.
- Magically created pseudo-Latinate and Greek names won’t be remembered but will be confused. Worse, they don’t evoke anything in the prospect’s mind.
- Generic names are SEO from Hell and make you 1,000,000 out of 1,000,000 instead of 1 in a million.
- Hard-to-spell names impress your Oxford-educated friends with Ph.D.s in English Literature. And no one else. That’s a small market, the kind that makes Shark Tank’s Mr. Wonderful declaim “You’re dead to me.”
- Lists of hundreds of computer-generated names have all the moxie of … well, a computer.
- Democratically-elected names? Remember that Hitler was democratically elected. Crowds are not always so wise, conventional wisdom notwithstanding.
I produce company, product and service names — and taglines — that:
- Get remembered
- Embody your positioning and brand attributes (I specify those, too)
- Become a fount of ideas for your branding and markeitng campaigns
Then, I work with brilliant designers to create logos and designs that do justice to your new brand.